Sunday, July 5, 2009

Uninspired!

Firstly, I want to say if you haven't noticed some of my music is on the post below this one. More to come soon!

In terms of making music, I'm still in a really uninspired state. I wouldn't call it "writers block" or "(insert creative person's title here) block" because it's been going on for an extended time now, usually that shit goes away in a few weeks or wears off or whatever.

So instead of dwelling upon that fact I decided to be proactive and download some tutorials that might inspire me. My keyboard/piano skills are pretty much shit so I decided to download something for that.

So I decided to download an instructional tape called "How To Play The Piano Instantly" by John Derbin. (1994) Cool right? I mean the title conveys a promise that watching the video should provide "INSTANT" results! Plus not to mention that it had the most seeds for instructional torrents so it must be good right?

The download finishes and I fire up VLC player, low and behold this mug pops up on my screen and I was in a state of shock/awe.


I knew the tape was old (1994), but he seems to be stuck in the previous decade, even his fucking gear. I haven't watched the tape yet because my pride will not accept tutelage from such a character.

On a positive note though, from what I've flicked through he is an animal on the keys son! I've never heard "Mary Had A Little Lamb" with so much character and expression before!

The (cassette) tape and booklet still retails for about $25USD 15 years later online. He's "Twinkle Twinkle Little Starring" all the way to the bank bitches!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment