Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Freestyling

Since I've been posting nothing but garbage of late, I thought it would be a good time to put something up that I'm semi-proud of for once. Here is a beat I made a few months ago.

The beat itself is nothing special, the highlight here is my improvisational keyboard routine. :P

My "solo" starts at around 20 seconds. It is basically me freestyling a synthesized guitar lead with my MIDI keyboard. This took me about 5 minutes of practice get the feel of the scale, but other than that I did this in one take and I'm pretty proud of it since I'm literally a retard at anything I do.

I did a bit of post playing quantizing because I'm not exactly Chopin. The end of the piece sounds kind of cool, I used a really cool synth called "Omnisphere" to create the wah-wah style guitar.

Here it is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment